Sunday, April 5, 2015

Daily Life in Olomouc (1)

It is crazy for me to believe that I have now been in Olomouc for 3 weeks.  My time here seems to be flying through.  Although I have only been living here for 3 weeks, I have grown to notice that I refer to Olomouc as my home.  Especially when we go on field trips to other cities or countries, I notice myself saying I cannot wait to get back home to Olomouc.  Over the past few weeks I have grown a comfort for this beautiful city. 
My schedule pretty much consists of the same thing every day/week.  In the mornings I tend to sleep in until I either, wake up on my own or until my alarm goes off late morning.  The mornings and early afternoons is when we have the most free time.  During this time we often like to go into town and explore the city.  Sometimes we go to different shops or the shopping center or other times we like to just walk around and look at new things.  One day before class, Kara and I were wondering and found a beautiful park right behind our class building.  Every now and then we also go get a bite to eat before class.  We have found a few cheap stands that tend to be our favorite go-to spots for food.  Monday through Thursday we have class from 3pm – 7pm and on Fridays we have class from 10:30am – 1:00pm.  All of our classes are located in the same classroom in the history building of Palacký University.   Our first class is normally some sort of history class, then our next is a Czech language class, and our last is something that is taught by one of our two main professors, Jan and Martin.  After class we are free for the rest of the day.  My roommate and I normally try to come back to our room and make some supper to save money.  After that we either hang out and relax in our room for the night or we go hang out with other people on the trip and do something with them. 

             
   My daily life in Olomouc is a lot different than my life in Kearney.  In Kearney, my day is filled with school, work, meetings, and homework.  I do not have as much free time and have to make time to hang out with friends.  I also am used to waking up early and going to class right away in the morning, then having a little time in the afternoon before work.  Here in Olomouc, my life is way more relaxed and stress-free.  People here live at a way slower pace and relaxed lifestyle.  It has made me realize that I need to slow down and enjoy the beauties in life rather than always stressing myself out and ignoring what is right in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment